- New release of PlaceEngine Client Software including 64-bit versions of Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (2010.05.18)
- New release of PlaceEngine Client Software including 64-bit versions of Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (2010.03.05)
- New release of PlaceEngine Client Software for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (2009.12.11)
- New release of PlaceEngine Client Software for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (2009.11.27)
- PlaceEngine Client for Mac OS X Snow Leopard released (2009.11.16)
- PlaceEngine Client released for Windows 7 (2009.10.27)
- PlaceEngine coverage map released for Japan (2009.04.14)
- A new beta version of the PlaceEngine Client for Windows that supports Hybrid Position Estimation released (2009.03.11)
- Will preview PlaceEngine Client for Moblin on Intel's MID at CEATEC JAPAN 2008 (2008.09.30)
- Will preview the "Location Amplifier for Tokyo Train": A Collaboration with Masayuki Akamatsu at Where2.0 (click for movies) (2008.05.12)
- PSP entertainment map software "Nippon no Asoko de" released in Japan (2008.05.01)
- PSP map software Minnano Chizu 3 released in Japan (2008.04.24)
- GooStick for FireFox with PlaceEngine support released (2008.04.23)
- Sony Mylo COM-2 supports PlaceEngine (2008.02.19)
About the Public Launch of the PlaceEngine Beta Service:At Sony Computer Science Laboratories, as part of our on going research efforts in real world user interfaces, we have publicly launched our PlaceEngine Beta Service that uses Wi-Fi to estimate the current location of devices and users. We hope to show its potential and to further explore its possibilities via this site.
PlaceEngine's service area is mainly concentrated in the Tokyo metropolitan area, and the more populated and commercialized areas of major cities throughout Japan. However, our coverage area can grow as users register locations and our technology is not limited to Japan. We are certain that PlaceEngine will open many new doors to further the horizon for location aware services. If you have any feedback or questions regarding our beta service, please feel free to contact us. We value any feedback received to further improve our service.